Nutrena SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed
- Exclusive Nutri-Bloom Advantage® increases fiber digestion up to 15% for better health and bloom
- Increased fat level to help maintain energy level and ideal body condition
- Organic trace minerals for immune support, increased bioavailability and improved skin, hair and hoof quality
- Added prebiotics and probiotics to aid in nutrient digestion and digestive health
- Contains rice bran, flax seed and beet pulp
- Soak with warm water to form QuickMash® in just 3 minutes for horses with dental issues.
- Ideal soaking temperature is 101 F.
- Cooler temperatures may require a longer soaking time.
SafeChoice® Senior gives your old friend what she needs to make every year golden. It’s specifically designed for horses over fifteen, especially those suffering from unexpected age-related weight loss, exhibiting sluggishness, experiencing issues with muscle or coat quality, or having difficulty chewing their hay.
Smart Grain Formulation®
What makes some feeds better than others? What nutrients really make a difference in your horse's health? And how do we deliver the right combination for your animal? Those were our questions. Smart Grain Formulation® is our answer.
|Crude Fiber||max. 16.0%|
|Dietary Starch*||max. 14.0%|
|Calcium||0.75 - 0.95%|
|Vitamin A||4,500 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||150 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/lb|
|Vitamin C||75 mg/lb|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Lactobacillus casei||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Bifidobacterium thermophilum||5.1M CFU/lb|
|Enterococcus Faecium||5.1M CFU/lb|
* NSC (Non-structural Carbohydrates) = Dietary Starch + Sugar
|Weight of Horse||Maintenance||Light Work|
|When Fed Without Hay or Pasture|
|800lb||10 - 12 lbs||12 - 14 lbs|
|1,000lb||12 - 14 lbs||14 - 16 lbs|
|1,200lb||14 - 16 lbs||16 - 18 lbs|
|When Fed With Hay or Pasture|
|800lb||4 - 6 lbs||6 - 8 lbs|
|1,000lb||5 - 7 lbs||7 - 10 lbs|
|1,200lb||6 - 8 lbs||8 - 12 lbs|
- Use the feeding table as a guide for feeding SafeChoice Senior Horse Feed. Be sure to monitor your horse's body condition closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
- If your horse has no dental problems, feed clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0 to 1.75 lb (kg) of hay per 100 lb (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
- If your horse has severe dental problems, SafeChoice Senior horse feed may be soaked with warm water to form QuickMash in just 3 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency your horse prefers.
- Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings per day.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times, except to hot and tired horses. Always cool down your horse properly before providing free access to water.
- Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling.
- Salt should be available free choice at all times.
Tips for a Healthy Horse:
- All dietary changes should be made gradually over a period of 7-14 days until recommended feeding rates are achieved.
- Make certain that horses have adequate forage or pasture available.
- Make certain that all horses are on regular parasite control, dental examination and vaccination programs.
- Monitor body condition regularly and adjust feed intake as needed.
- Store feed properly to prevent exposure to moisture or contamination by insects or other pests.
- Never offer moldy hay or feed to horses.