Swing by Olsen’s Verde store for a Chili Cook-off by store employees on Friday, January 15th. Sample the latest recipes from our store employees and enjoy a hot meal.
January 15, 2021 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Here are some of our favorites.
Want a hearty chili without beans? Try this recipe for creating a delicious zesty chili made without beans that serves a family of 5.
- 3 lbs Ground beef, lean
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, stewed
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Green pepper, large
- 1 Onion, large
- 1/2 cup Parsley, fresh
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 Rice or pasta, Hot cooked
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, add beef half at a time; cook over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, parsley and seasonings into beef mixture. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Next, try this delicious homemade chili with pork and beef recipe for a spoon full of flavor!
Cook time: 2 hrs (Allow to cook for at least two hours on medium heat, stirring often.)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup purple sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Start off by browning the meat. While they are cooking, saute the onion and bell peppers. When the meat is browned, drain well and place in a large stockpot. Add the onions, peppers, and all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Allow cooking for at least two hours on medium heat, stirring often.