Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship Program
The Olsen family values the Healthy Animal Lifestyle and would like to support area High School Seniors that currently and in the future plan to include animals in their lifestyle with a one-time scholarship valued at up to $1000 each.
Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship Application Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for Olsen’s Scholarship Awards:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior in the Prescott quad city, Verde Valley, or Flagstaff areas.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Applicant must be planning to further their education after high school graduation and they must attend college or technical school full time*. (12 credit hours per semester is the standard used by all colleges to define “full-time”.)
- Be an Animal owner or active in the care or business of animal care.
- Plans for a future in animal ownership or career.
Directions for Applying for Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship
- The applicant will find the application at olsensgrain.com.
- The application must be typed or completed in Microsoft Word and printed.
- Responses may exceed the space provided on the original application.
- Neatness, grammar, and spelling will be considered.
- Attach two (2) signed and sealed letters of recommendation. One must be from a current educator. The second one from an adult member of the community, other than a family member.
- Attach an original signed and officially sealed high school transcript. Obtain from counselor office.
- The completed application and supporting materials must be turned in as one complete
Mail completed application packet to:
Olsen’s Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 427
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
- DEADLINE: Application must be postmarked by March 15, 2020. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the End of the Year Awards programs.
- BEFORE ANY SCHOLARSHIPS CAN BE RELEASED, PROOF OF FULL-TIME ENROLLMENT MUST BE PROVIDED. THIS IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SCHOOL REGISTRAR’S OFFICE, USUALLY IN LATE AUGUST.
Download the Scholarship Application Form: Olsen’s Scholarship Application.
Checklist of required items:
___ Application typed neatly with proper spelling and grammar
___ Two (2) sealed envelopes with Letters of Recommendation
___ Official transcript signed and sealed with an official seal
___ Postmarked by March 15, 2020
___Picture with you and your animal or animal-related activity
(Pictures may be used for future Olsen’s scholarship promotion)
If you have any questions, please contact the Olsen’s Scholarship Committee Chair by email. We look forward to awarding the 2020 Olsen’s Healthy Animal Lifestyle Scholarship to this year’s recipients!
Click here to see the 2019 Olsen’s Scholarship Winners
Click here for Olsen’s 2018 Scholarship Winners