|Contains High-Quality Protein, Energy, Vitamins and Minerals
- Gives horses the right amount of energy when they need it without making them more difficult to manage or causing obesity.
- Soy-blend Molasses Instead of using straight cane molasses which is high in sugar, Purina® Equine Adult® Horse Feed contains a unique blend of molasses and soy oil for a higher fat molasses that horses love to eat
- Great for traveling or at home.
- Easy for adult horses to digest.
|Fortified with Purina®Animax®
- A concentrated milk protein, a readily available source of protein, vitamins and minerals.
|Vitamins and Minerals
- Provides 100% of the required nutrients for horses when fed as directed* so no additional supplements are necessary. *Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition – 2007” published by the National Research Council.
|Feed Guard® Nutrition System
- The FeedGuard® Nutrition System is one of the industry’s most innovative and exacting quality assurance programs. FeedGuard®Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professionals demand every day.
Weight management program -
||- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -
|Light Work (lb)
Horse Feed at a reduced rate can help horses which are obese. Begin by cutting the recommended feeding rate by 10%. Continue to adjust the rate until you reach the desired weight for your horse, then return to the feeding rates that are recommended for your horse's weight and activity level.
Horse Feed is an ideal feed for
miniature horses and ponies at maintenance and light work activity
- depending on your geographic location, the amount
of feed may be increased by about 10-15% to offset body heat losses.
- small amounts of good quality hay may be fed along with
equine adult. The amount of equine adult can be reduced about
one pound for each 2 pounds of hay fed.
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program
|Crude Protein (min)
|Crude Fat (min)
|Crude Fiber (max)
|| 0.30 ppm
|Vitamin A (min)
|Vitamin D3 (min)
|Vitamin E (min)
|| 80 IU/lb